Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally going to try the CG12!

Thunderstorms this morning in Vancouver. Wasn't looking very promising to get out and play golf today, but i think it will be nice enough. I cant wait to give the new wedge a try!

On another golf-related note, i signed up for oobgolf.com today. It's a (free) website where you create a profile, and then can enter your scores, update the equipment in your bag, review courses, read golf-related comments etc. Also, it calculates your handicap, GIRs, success with a given club, success with different clubs in the bag... and on and on. It seems to have a wealth of statistics to review after your round, and you can also become friends with other members, review their scores... I managed to find three scorecards in my bag and so i entered them. It says I have a handicap of 21.9, which seems optimistic, although I did break 90 once last summer playing with Uncle Joe in California. That being said, sometimes I have trouble breaking 90 on a par 60... I also downloaded an iPhone app called smartscorecard that is free and interfaces with Oobgolf on the fly, acting as a scorecard app and also providing real-time stats. Im going to give it a try today, but it might prove to be more of a distraction than anything else.

No comments: