Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First Post in a while


Just want to post a quick entry saying that I'll be getting back into this, at least I hope to. Just waiting to go collect my car after having a catastrophic A/C failure repaired... thankfully under warranty. I think between the diagnosis and labour alone its been something like 16 hours... and then there are the parts...

Been playing a lot of golf this summer. It seems that every summer is the summer of something, and for me, this year, that something was golf. My buddy and I have been getting out a few times a week on average, almost always at Executive courses like Mylora or Musqueam (Musqueum?), although last weekend we played a new place called Country Meadows. I had an inauspicious start by sending it sailing to the left, and then taking three shots to get out of the rough... although in my defence the 'rough' was actually more like 'the marsh.' We had an enjoyable round, but with the fast greens i was having a really hard time getting the ball to check-up if i hit it on with a wedge. So naturally i ran right out afterwards and bought a new, higher-loft wedge. I went with a Cleveland CG12 from Golftown with the rust finish. Haven't got out to the course with it yet... can't wait!

I expect to have another entry with impressions from the course, although my golfing buddy seems to have a growing workload, so it might be a while.

No comments: