Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 3 Fantasy Football

Some reflections on the week past:
- Dom owned everyone on the amazing performances from Dallas Clark and Chris Johnson. I imagine these guys are going to remain a major factor for his team in the weeks to come.
- Despite picking Adrian Peterson and Aaron Rodgers, I finished dead-last with a sub-100 pt weekend. Starting Joseph Addai in the 4th WR/RB spot was a bad idea. Peyton is arguably the best quarter-back in the NFL, notwithstanding Drew Brees' exceptional start. The problem with Indy is that they THROW touchdowns, and THROW underneath in short-yardage situations. An Indy running-back in a Miami-hosted points-shootout just didn't allow me to beat Gov.
- The close game of the week was Raiderettes vs. Kacton's Horses, which was decided at the very end of Monday Night by less than 2 pts.

Looking Ahead:
(Dommy Bear v. Air it Outtt)
- Dommy Bears are estimated to take a loss by over 15 pts. to Air it Outtt, but with Dom's active week regarding waivers, etc. Im looking for him to have had some good reasons for his acquisitions. I see Randy Moss getting less catches if Wes Welker plays, which i suspect he will. Westbrook has also had some ankle-swelling issues and is likely to be listed as questionable going into the weekend. I imagine he plays, but I suspect that game will be closer than the projected outcome. With Indy potentially playing another 'Thru the Air' game this weekend at Arizona, I see Dallas Clark having another big day. My Pick: DOMMY BEAR
(Sons of Anarchy v. The A Team)
- Gov's Sons of Anarchy go into this weekend HEAVILY FAVOURED over The A Team. The A Team is hampered by LaDainian Tomlinson's limited return behind Darren Sproles, and Marion Barber's quad injury. Barber is going to be a limited factor this weekend. I like Kurt Warner for Sons of Anarchy because against Indy its going to be a high-scoring, thru-the-air affair. The one-two punch with Fitzgerald will pay dividends for Gov. My Pick: SONS OF ANARCHY

(Raiderettes v. Team Hurricain)
- Raiderettes v. Team Hurricain currently is looking like a one-sided affair with 2 Raiderette
players (both receivers) in a sub-par state. That being said, i expect come game day they will either be better, or they will be benched. Hurricain has Steve Smith of the NYG, and I have tremendous faith in this guy following the Home-Opener in Dallas when the Giants went to Jerry-world and put the cowboys in their place. To be fair, Im a Giants fan so i hate the cowboys, but that being said, a lot of questions re. the Giants' receivers' suitability have been answered in my mind, at least for the time being. I myself picked up Manningham, and I expect, with Hakeem Nicks still out, Smith and Manningham are going to be Eli's targets... and I think he's going to hit them. That being said, Brandon Jacobs is going to be a factor this weekend against TB. As things stand, I think Hurricain has it, but given the almost assured line-up shifting that will happen for Raiderettes, this one will be close. My Pick: MY GUESS IS AS GOOD AS YOURS

And now I have wasted as much time as I reasonably can to put off my HW... By providing uneducated pontification about a Fantasy Football League.

Don't agree with my assessment? Have a comment? Wanna make a pick for the week? FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT! I know we're all becoming way too invested in this for our own good (and the good of our schooling, employment, relationships etc.) so I wanted to open up one more avenue of involvement with the ActionKacton League.

-M240

No comments: