Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 8

Looking Back:
Sons of Anarchy and Team Hurricain was the close game last week, with the three others being pretty much blowouts. DommyBear's last player left the field with the team down by roughly 20, and it only got worse. In furtherance of the argument that projected stats are useless, Hines Ward and Fred Jackson combined for less than one point (!), and defense for both Dom's and my team nearly tripled the projected stats. Gov got a great performance from Ryan Grant to push him over the top in that contest. Air it Outtt also saw great play from Philip Rivers and Vernon Davis, with the former hitting Vincent Jackson for franchise's new receiving record, catching 142 yards in 30 minutes of play.
Looking Forward:
Sons of Anarchy v. DommyBear:
First things first. Dom has depth-problems this week. His D is on a bye, and he needs to fill Hines Ward's WR spot. He has some decent benched players, but the best are RBs, and that would require some shifting to free up the flex spot instead. Gov on the other hand has Warner/Fitzgerald teeing off against Carolina, and is at full strength. This one looks pretty one sided, with the players that DommyBear does have going up against teams like N.O. and Indy. Barring some very skilled roster-shifting/adding/dropping of players, and maybe Matt Ryan rebounding from last weeks loss for a huge comeback, (and a Miles Austin repeat of last week...), I think the only part of this battle worth watching will be which manager gets to cuddle with Queefy. My Pick: Sons of Anarchy to catch snippets of victory in-between T.V. cutouts.
The A Team vs. Team Hurricain:
Uh-Oh. We all knew this week would come... New England is on a BYE! That means half the A-Team is on a BYE too, and my best guess says that there will not be any roster-shifting to correct for this. This one isn't even worth discussing. My Pick: The A Team to be forced to forfeit because half the team didn't show up, giving Team Hurricain the win without his players even having get out of their warm-up gear.
Mr Horsey v. Air It Outtt:
I should start by saying I really want Mr. Horsey to win. Nothing would be better for me than having the No. 5 team knock the No. 2 team down a bit. Brian Westbrook got hurt last week, and while he'll probably play against NYG, I think that D. will get after him early and hard, and he won't be 100% either. Antonio Gates should do well against OAK, as should Boldin against Carolina. Nothing needs to be said about Brees. Rivers should do better against OAK than is currently projected, but on the flip side I did see OAK beat the Eagles a few weeks ago... We'll see. My Pick: Mr Horsey won't lead wire-to-wire, but I hope he wins by a nose.
M240 v. Raiderettes:
Andre Johnson didn't practice today with a lung contusion, and Hou. is apparently designing more and more plays with Slaton as a receiver. Im hoping this mitigates Johnson's production, even slightly. Romo is playing Seattle, which could be a big day out for him. Look for him to keep hitting Miles Austin... Matt Forte and Ronnie Brown are both solid backs, but on the flipside so are Peterson and Slaton, with the former OVERDUE for some big breakout runs. I've just picked up Shonn Greene of the Jets, who should be getting a lot more carries now that Leon Washington is out with a broken leg. I don't know which D to start, which QB, or how much I trust Maclin as an up-and-comer. This is going to be a close one I think. Once again, I don't feel exceptionally confident having lost Welker for a week to the BYE, but I'm hoping to come away with this. My Pick: M240

No comments: