Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 9

Looking Back:
DommyBear did what I didn't think likely, getting a blowout victory over Sons of Anarchy, thanks in large part to amazing performances by Chicago's DEF and Tennessee's Chris Johnson. Air it Outtt beat Mr. Horsey, which is not the outcome I was hoping for. The equestrian can blame it on some very lackluster performances by his WRs, with 3 combining for less than 7 pts, although Steve Smith finally had a decent game in Carolina's surprising victory over Arizona. Team Hurricain beat the now 0-7 (soon to be 0-14), A Team. The game between M240 and Raiderettes was the most exciting fantasy game i've watched yet. 2 of my RBs combined for -1.1 pts. I went into the afternoon game down 35-98. I didn't think there was any hope, and I was already dejected from watching the Giants crash and burn against the Eagles. Aaron Rodgers looked awful in the first half of the Vikings game, but Vincent Jackson was doing his usual thing and picking up good numbers. Rodgers picked it up BIG TIME in the second half, throwing well over 200 yards. I watched the score become 50-98, 60-98, 70... ending up at 92-98 in 4th quarter of that game. A screen pass to Peterson that he took for some 40 yards, a few more desperation completions by Rodgers, and it was all over. Gonzalez then tacked on another 9 pts. on Monday Night. A very satisfying comeback!
Looking Forward:
DommyBear v. The A Team:
Looks like Dom should be going on a W-2 streak here. It just isn't fun thinking about anything to do with The A Team anymore... My Pick: DommyBear
Team Hurricain v. Air it Outtt:
Air it Outtt's N.O. players ought to have a good week against Carolina, but on the other hand Carolina is coming off a big win against another strong offensive team, Arizona. It is not outside the realm of possibility that they upset the favored Saints. Similarly, I could see Philadelphia's DEF having trouble with Dallas. I hate Dallas (and Philly), but the Cowgirls have looked very strong on offense in recent weeks. On the other side... actually, the projected stats look more realistic for Team Hurricain, with the possible exception of several points less for Denver's D, and perhaps Maurice Jones-Drew. Im hoping this is the week that takes Air it Outtt down a peg... they're way too close (and good) for comfort. My Pick: Team Hurricain to play better than they spell.
Mr Horsey v. Raiderettes:
Mr. Horsey hasn't looked very good lately, despite having a big-time QB and some good depth at RB to choose from. Steve Smith has been a (very) slow starter but he did OK last week, and he might keep it up. Raiderettes are looking pretty mediocre this week, although Hou. will be throwing all day to try to keep up with Indy., which should give Andre Johnson lots of looks, especially since Owen Daniels (another big Schaub-target), is out for the season. Brandon Jacobs hasn't looked great lately, but with the overall problems the Giants are having, it isn't really his fault... I hope against hope he has a big game this week... meaning the Giants aren't getting blown out and having to throw constantly... My Pick: Mr. Horsey is due.
M240 v. Sons of Anarchy:
Looks like a big win for Sons of Anarchy. Adrian Peterson is out for me this week, but I get Welker back, which is great news. As much as I hate to say it, SD should be able to exploit the Giants this weekend, and Vincent Jackson could have a bigger game than he is projected. It seems like a number of the projected stats for my side are low, but I'm not convinced they mean much anymore. I think this one will be closer than it looks right now, and as always My Pick: M240

No comments: